Makeup has certainly come a long way in the last hundred years. What was once the consistency of paste or clay, hiding any imperfection while exasperating problems once removed, is now light, airy, and actually beneficial to the skin. The inclusion of skin care ingredients in foundations, concealers, and powders has not only improved the immediate results of today’s cosmetics, but also makes skin look better even without it on.
“”The following ingredients are routinely included in today’s foundations and other cosmetics to treat acne, combat signs of aging, and improve the skin’s tone, texture, and clarity:””
- Matrixyl, which increases collagen production
- Salicylic acid to reduce current breakouts and prevent new ones
- Antioxidants to fight signs of aging
- Argan oil for moisture
- Vitamin C for improved tone and an increase in brightness
- Clay to reduce pores and control oil
These ingredients, either alone or together, are in everything from $10 drugstore foundations to pricey high-end formulations. “”Certain lines promote their products as a means to forgo makeup all together (eventually, anyway.)”” These cosmetic lines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Clinique’s Even Better foundation, which promises a visible improvement in tone, texture, and clarity within 6 weeks
- Neutrogena’s Skin Clearing Foundation, which treats acne while covering up existing breakouts, limiting the need for maximum coverage in the future
- Mineral Makeup (various brands), which utilize precious stones and minerals to provide a flawless canvas while lightening scarring, minimizing pores, and preventing aging.
These drastic improvements in cosmetics have not only revolutionized the makeup industry, but also changed consumers’ perspectives on what they want their cosmetics to do: after all, why simply cover up imperfections when you can treat them at the same time? Get Cosmetics Coupon Codes