It is with good reason that wine is getting more popular than ever before. Take what is happening in China in a port town called Penglai where construction of a new winery is under way in the Shandong province to help you get an understanding of the popularity of wine.
There is a great thirst for wine in the continent of Asia thanks to the news that drinking wine in moderation has specific health benefits as far as your heart and general Cardio vascular health is concerned.
Just thinking about wine and all it has to offer in terms of you health is enough reason for anyone to get involved in a mental tour where the various aspects of this beverage gets discussed.
The Health Benefits of Drinking Wine
It has been said that drinking wine brings certain health benefits to the one drinking it. Let us take a look at the different ways your body may benefit from consuming this well known beverage:
- Flavonoids and resveratrol present in red wine acts as antioxidant thereby preventing free radicals from causing damage to the cells in the body.
- Resveratrol was reported to prevent blood clotting in that it serves to keep your blood thin which is good news for people with heart trouble and who have a medical history of blood clotting problems.
- Mixed with food, red wine tends to slow your tummy’s emptying time and serves to decrease the amount of food you consume at any given time as reported by “Arthur Agatston, MD and cardiologist who is the author of South Beach Diet”
- Regular intake of wine will increase good cholesterol by as much as 20% as long as it is used in moderation along with regular exercise or physical activity and as part of a healthy diet.
- “The New England Journal of Medicine” showed that women can have their brain power boosted from enjoying alcohol that includes wine. People who drank wine in moderation by consuming a glass or two a day scored better when their mental sharpness were put to the test than nondrinkers.
- People who drink wine in moderation may even experience a lower overall body mass as it may very well encourage your body in burning extra calories.
- According to one Spanish study drinking as little as half a glass of red wine may very well prevent food poisoning caused by salmonella when you are exposed to contaminated food
Annual Sandestin Wine Festival in Florida, USA
Lovers of wine need to make a note in their diaries as the 26th annual wine festival, which is considered to be the South’s best, is taking place in April from the 26th to the 29th at the “Charming Village of Baytowne Wharf at the luxury beach resort in Florida”
It is a fantastic way to celebrate Spring and promises to be an enjoyable weekend with well over 600 wines on display. The festival is also known as “The Kentucky Derby of Wine Festivals” due to its grandeur and popularity. Wine tasters may prepare themselves mentally for the actual wine tasting that is taking place in the afternoon between 1 and 5 pm on Saturday, April 28 and Sunday, April 29. ( Get Wine Coupon Codes )